Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sleepover

Ellie loves spending time with Shelby. Last week at the bonfire, she begged Shelby to spend the night. But Shelby was exhausted and just wanted to go home, but she promised Ellie that she would spend the night this weekend. Shelby called yesterday afternoon reminding us and asked if she could stay. Ellie was so excited. I had lots to do that day, and I knew it would not be until early evening that I could go get her. But every where we went, Ellie would say, "is it time to get Shelby now."

Here they are in Ellie's room on their pallets. Ellie actually stayed with Shelby most of the night. A little surprising.

Side note: Look how clean that room is. We have started a chore with Ellie. Every Sunday night before bed she has to clean up her room (normally during the week the floor is completely covered making it impossible to walk in her room. Plus when I tell her to take things to her room that she has left around the house, that means she goes to the door and drops it there. But we give her a small allowance to put in her froggie bank after she has picked up her room.


I had a baby shower to attend this afternoon and the girls were going to stay with Bob. This concerned me because I knew he had a lot to do. But he said that overall they were great. The one thing that did aggravate him was that Ellie would boss Shelby around and Shelby would let her. Shelby is such a sweet, meek person (always has been), and Bob was wanting her to stand up to Ellie--the two year old mind you.

Looks like Baby number two is going to have to be tough in order to survive around Ellie.

No comments: