It seemed liked this six week soccer ordeal was an eternity. Because of all the rain this spring, this was the sport that never ends. One week we played four games. Ellie was not a big fan. I think a lot of that can be contributed to the fact that she has no social skills. Outside of "Bible Jesus" she never is really around a lot of kids. She didn't mind kicking the ball as long as there was no one else around. I can see now that preschool is going to be more important than we thought.
Something else that did not help was the fact that we did not have any coaches. Really-parents had to go out on the field to try to keep the kids moving and line them up. I am not sure how much you can teach a 3 year old, but there were plenty of teams that had kids on them that looked to have developed some fundamental basics of soccer.

She was proud of her medal
No comments:
Post a Comment