Friday, November 10, 2006

WOW

Today was going to be another boring Friday night. Bob had training tonight so I was going to be home alone...yeah. Sometimes I just like spending time to myself. I was about ready to find my place on the couch for a much needed nap when my cell phone rang. I debated for about four rings on whether or not to get up and walk into the kitchen to answer it. So I slowly got up...Amazingly it keep ringing. Susan my sister-in-law called and told me to get to town ASAP. When I asked for what she told me that we were going to see New Albany High School's production of Disney's High School Musical. I was planning on seeing it next weekend, but what else was I doing tonight.
On a side note, NAHS theater is AWESOME. Disney just finished making High
School musical into a stage production, and they invited seven schools in
the country to perform it before they begin selling the rights, which would
start at around $30,000. So performing this show in this area is a great
honor.

Back to my story, so I called my nephew Tyler, who is seven, and asked him if he wanted to go. I was really excited to see the students that I taught at the end of last school year. The performance was outstanding. The set, the dancing, the singing, the acting. Disney would definitely be proud.

There is a sad part to this blog; however, many times when I go back to see a play I wish I was there. Not there in that specific play, but in our plays. I do not miss high school, and I am not one of the people who wish they could go back, but I would go back to school just to relive the plays. We had such good talent...Beth can vouch for that, and we were so close.

I don't know where this is going but when we got back into the car, Tyler was silent at first then before I got the chance to ask him what he thought, he says enthusiastically "that was so awesome." He had never seen a play before and he was so amazed at the concept. Maybe I can open his eyes to theater, and pass on my joys to him

It is time for me to sleep.

:)

No comments: