Wow, another year has concluded. When I was younger I remember those older, wiser people telling me not to wish the years away because they will go by quickly. Boy were they right.
God has truly blessed my family and I this year, and I just wanted to take the time to type a few of the most memorable.
(Jan)- I started Jan anxious and excited. Even though I was not sure where I
was going to do my student teaching (one week before I was suppose to
start). God was in that situation; he answered my prayers, and I was
placed with the best teacher and in the best situation. (New Albany HS
with Thad Atkins)
(Feb)- I finally completed my "unit" The French Revolution, and my student
teaching at last began. God went with me everyday, and help make my
experience awesome.
My days at New Washington State Bank was concluded. THANK YOU GOD. At
first I was so stressed about having to quit my job and not being able
to work until after my student teaching was over. But God more than
provided, and I have not once missed working at the bank.
(Mar)- One of my best friend's grandpa passed away. Yes this does not sound
like a blessing, but it was for Bob and I. We got to see friends that
are as close as family, and we felt part of their family again. It was
a great feeling during such a sad event.
(Apr)- My precious Chloe celebrated her first birthday. She has been such a
blessing from God. Bob and I never thought that we could become so
attached to a dog. But she is more than that, and I want to really thank
God for her.
I FINISHED my student teaching. YAH thank you Lord. But also God worked
in mysterious ways. Money was getting tight because I had not worked
since Feb, but God provided financially as well as professionally. I was
asked to take a permanent sub job at NAHS in the theater dept. It was
such a blessing and I got to make money teaching kids how to do
something I loved so much.
(May)- May is always such a busy month. But God answered a prayer that I have
been praying for the last six months. I GRADUATED from IUS with a BS in
Secondary Education. I am a teacher. Wow the sound of that is still over-
whelming.
The 15th of May will be a day I will never forget. Exactly one week after
my graduation ceremony, God blessed me with a job at Scottsburg High
School. I could not have asked for a better job. I would be teaching both
of the subjects that I was licensed for Social Studies and English. The
situation was very, well lets just say that God had complete control and
pulled his special magic for this one.
(Jun)- God allowed for us to purchase the two and half acres of land next to
us, making our property value much more. We spent a lot of hours talking
and praying for the right thing to do, and it all worked out.
Also Bob and I had an amazing trip to Daytona for the Pepsi 400 race. It
was nice to spend time together, just us. We had safe trips and wonderful
weather, Oh yeah and he threw in something extra...Tony Stewart won the
race.
(Jul)- See above.
(Aug)- School began and my first day of teaching went by without any incidents.
I loved the school system, loved the administration, loved my fellow
teachers, and loved my job. I have not yet to wake up and not want to go
to work. I have the best job ever. Also God put many new people in my
life, but he allowed my to meet one special one, Laura. Laura is the
teacher next door who graduated with me at IUS, and has become one of my
best friends.
(Sep)- I survived...barely... ISTEP testing. Boy was God working overtime this
month, well actually just one week, which felt like a month.
(Oct)- Fall Break, enough said.
Bob and I celebrated 4 great years. I thank God every day for him.
Also my entire family on my dad's side got together for family pictures.
God provided us with a beautiful day and the pictures turned out awesome.
(Nov)- Thanksgiving Break and the conclusion of my first grading period. I made
it in one piece and I was ready for more.
(Dec)- God always provides so much in December, but most importantly we are
reminded that he provided the best gift, his son. Spending time with
family is always such a great blessing.
Looking back God has provided so much. THANK YOU LORD< for everything.
Sorry for the long message, there may be mistakes, it took me so long to write this that I am not going back to proof read.
Happy New Year
No comments:
Post a Comment