Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good bye Ninny

We have been slowly breaking Ellie of her ninny (pacifier). She was just down to nights, car rides,a and nap time. Last weekend we took out car rides, and most nights she uses it to fall asleep and then does not want it again until morning.

But today she threw it away. She is in the habit of just throwing it when she wants a drink, food, or even when she gets angry. When I called her into the bathroom to brush her teeth, she through it into the trash. So I used this as a great opportunity to initiate the removal from her life. We will see how it works. I keep reminding her that she threw it away--and she goes on and says no more.

Also, on a side note--this child loves to brush and teeth (which is not unusual for kids her age) but she also has to floss every night. So weird, but I am happy she wants to take care of her teeth

2 comments:

Susie said...

Way to go Ellie. Memaw is proud of you.

Jami said...

We have just went down to naps and night time as well, and car rides but only if it is nap time too. I feel we missed our opportunity and now have to wait until he is closer to two and can reason a little. Good luck! Ellie seems so laid back, I'm sure you guys will have no problem.