Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The BIG catch up

I know, I know. I have been extremely busy, and I feel like I post everything of importance on Facebook. I know I will probably regret later that I am not keeping up with the blog, but Mom is doing such a great job on her blog (thanks MOM). I will attempt to catch everyone up with what has been going on the last five or so month.

October: Bob and I celebrated 7 wonderful years of marriage. Ellie enjoyed her first "real" Halloween. She was a witch. It was nice that Halloween fell on a Saturday because we were able to visit everyone we love.














November:

This was a very busy month. I directed my first full length play at SHS (Murder's in the Heir). The play was so good, and we had a great turn out. It was a murder mystery where the audience voted on the killer.

My Pampered Chef business was in full swing and I had six shows this month, which added to the craziness.

Ellie turned 2 and we had a nice party for her. She remembers it so well that she still calls the garage her party room. A special thanks to all who attended. I still have the thank you letters at my house that never got mailed. Ellie even was visited by Minnie Mouse. If you ask Ellie where Minnie Mouse is she will say, "hiding in my closet." A couple of months ago the 5 ft Minnie was taking up too much room so I "hid" it in her closet.

This was such a great month-but defiantly one of the highlight
s was my Professional Development trip to Philadelphia. I went with a great group of friends and we had an amazing time. The conference (NCTE-National Council for Teachers of English) was wonderful and very refreshing for me. We arrived into town a little early so we could spend the day in NYC. That city never ceases to amaze me.

Of course Thanksgiving was not pleasant and too busy to enjoy. But we were still thankful for what God had blessed us with.

December:

My little cousin got married and he and his wife Sara had a beautiful wedding at the Grand. Ellie had a blast and we would have to drag her off the dance floor kicking and screaming for ceremonial events.

Christmas came and went as
it always does, but this year was really special because Ellie finally got it. She was so excited on Christmas morning, it renewed the spirit of Christmas for me. We had a really good Christmas and we did not get brought down by the craziness of it.

New Years Eve was pretty uneventful as was my entire Christmas Break. We went to see "Blindside" with my aunt Kendra and uncle Walter. The movie was one of the best I have seen in a long time. Ellie went with us and was pretty good. She only asked to go potty three times--I think it became a game. But the cutest part was once the football started on the movie. She would yell "hut hut" or "GO COLTS." She was gearing up for the Super Bowl :)

January:

I knew that this was going to be a long month (it always is), but I was confirmed when by the first week back from break we had two snow days and a 2-hr delay.

Emily Jacobs celebrated her first birthday. It was sp exciting to watch her grow up over the past year.

I finally decided on a Spring Play. The Wizard of Oz. Not only was I going to take on the high school, but I was going to extend the roles K-12. This was a huge deal for Scott County, and I prayed that it would be a success and not something that I regreted. So most of the last part of the month was filled with auditions and rehearsals. I did not know what to expect with the Elementary and Middle School turn out, but we had 76 of them show up to audition. WOW--casting was so hard (Beth--I now understand what you went through).

Febuary:

SNOW SNOW and more SNOW. We had a total of 7 snow days in this short but very long month
.

The Super Bowl was fun. Even though the Colts lost :( We still had a good time hanging out at the Justices.

I spent the majority of this month stressed out (which is not very common for me) because with every snow day I lost a day of rehearsal.

Nothing else really happened this month beyond snow and rehearsal, except for an over night trip to Indy to a retreat of Indiana Writing Project Fellows. I had a great time with my good friend Ashely.

March:

The first part of the month was spent rehearsing and making sure I had everything that was needed as well making sure the cast and crew was ready. The show went better than expected. The cast was amazing. And even better we averaged around 450 people per night. (normally we are lucky to get 80-120). I was so proud of my students and we are already looking forward to next year and the Fall production. Ellie loved the wicked witch and she loves to sing "Ding, Dong the witch is Dead."

The second trimester of school ended and we started our last grading period of the year. It is hard to believe that this year is almost over, and so is my fourth year of teaching. It is hard to believe I will begin my 5th year next school year.

Spring Break 2010 will definately be one to remember. We went down to Florida to help Bob's aunt and uncle clean out his aunt's deceased mother's home. It was a long 20 hours down, but Ellie and Shelby were such troopers and did great. We arrived just in time for it to rain. But the rain gave us an opportunity to stay in the house and get a good start on cleaning things out. Then on Monday the rain clouds broke and the sun and 80 degrees weather set in. The weather was so nice, even though we worked the entire time. On Tuesday, since we were only 20 minutes away we took Ellie and Shelby to Magic Kingdom. Ellie was so excited (I think Shelby was too). We waited in line forever to meet Mickey and Minnie, but it was so worth it. Minnie was no longer just someone who was hiding in Ellie's closet. But as soon as we got back on Wed, it was back to work.

April:

So that brings me to the current month. Last weekend I went to SHS's prom and had a great time. Meghan came with me, she is my official, always Prom date.

We took Ellie fishing for the first time on Sunday. She loved it. She caught about a dozen fish. She enjoyed playing with the worms and breaking them apart for daddy.

So maybe now I will be better about blogging (don't bet on it).

Also I started another blog about my teachers adventures, I hope to keep up with that one as well (don't bet on it). But who knows summer break is right around the corner.

Blessings in the Classroom