Tuesday, April 30, 2013

January-April

New Years 2013 was pretty uneventful. 


In Mid-January we celebrated Eme turning four. She celebrated at her home with Hello Kitty.


We decided to make some much needed improvements to the house. We finished a paint job that began last summer. We finished painting the great room. Bob also wanted to lay down tile in the girl's bathroom. He did such a great job, I was hoping that he would continue on in our bathroom (he was not as willing-and decided to save that job for another cold month).


In February, we had our annual Zollman birthday celebration. Each year we celebrate Bob's uncles and close friend's birthdays. There were several people that could not make it this year, but we had others who came for the first time. We ended up with about 45 people and had a great meal and wonderful time. The girls played so hard and would sleep well that night.




In March, we celebrated Spring Break with snow. We did not have a lot of snow this year (which I am quite ok with), but getting it on spring break is NOT cool.



Twice a year we have a parent viewing at Ellie's dance class. Bob goes one time and I go the other. She has improved so much since September. I love seeing her grow in something that she enjoys. She has made quite a few friends this year in her dance class.


I heard about Lowe's and their Build and Grow activities that they have on weekends. I signed Ellie and Bob up and they loved it. Lowe's has pieces of a craft laid out and the parent/child team assembles it using the directions. Ellie was so proud of her craft. The best part was that it was free.


For the Spring Production we performed The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. This was such a classical yet amazing show. I had a great time with the entire cast, but especially my seven seniors. I will really miss them and all the talent they brought to the CHS stage.



Bob has been traveling A LOT lately, which makes life a little crazy for us. Each time he is gone I am more appreciative of him and all that he does. I also am very thankful that I am not a single mom, I know that is one of the hardest jobs. One of his trips was to Texas. While he was there, he brought the girls back some boots. They loved them and we could not get them off until bedtime. 



My Ellie had her first trip to the Urgent Care that resulted in IV fluids. She had been sick for most of the day on Friday in March. By the time I got out of school to pick her up at Janet's she had dark circles under her eyes and was pretty weak. I decided to go ahead and take her to the Urgent Care and Bob met us there. The doctor said that she was a little dehydrated and that we should give her a bag of fluids. About an hour in she was getting her color back and believe it or not, she never ran a fever at all until right as they were taking the IV out (the doctor wanted us to stay until they closed-so we were there about five hours). They gave her a dose of Motrin and sent us on. She was a little tired on Saturday, but seemed to get better because we made her keep drinking fluids. It is so hard when your baby is sick. But she was so good, we were quite impressed with her.


Over Spring Break, Ellie and I went to Indy to have a bridal brunch to celebrate Amy's upcoming wedding. It was such a good time, even though we did not get much time to spend with Amy. Indy had just received their biggest snow storm of the year the night before (7-9 inches), so there was a lot of snow on the ground and quite cold. But we made the most of it.



Easter was nice and crazy as always. We have to go three different places and it is always a fast busy day and we hardly ever get to really enjoy the day or the moments in it. But we make do and the kids always seem to have a great time. The Easter bunny came Saturday night while we were out to dinner. The kids were happy to find their little treats when we got home. We do not make a big deal out of the Easter bunny, but it is just fun.













Ellie started with her first 4-H club this year. She is an explorer. She enjoyed her first meeting.


Camp Kindergarten was a sad but good time. Ellie is going to be a great fit for Kindergarten, but I am a little sad that it is already that time. She is a special girl with such a big innocent heart and I cannot help but to worry about her while at school.



April ended with prom. Meg was again my date. I believe this was our forth Prom together. We had a nice dinner at our fav Kansai and then headed to IUS to chaperone. There were a lot of kids there and a good time was had by all.





May was crazy busy and I will share that in my next post. 

No comments: