What a busy weekend we it. The pictures for some reason posted in random order and I do not have enough time or patience to rearrange them.
On Thursday, we arrived in the early evening to get checked into our hotel. Nearly all of Amy's attendants came in from out of town (Portland, OR and Vegas were the farthest away). So we had a girls night out in Broadripple. I had taught all day and then drove almost 2 1/2 with Indy traffic and Karol had been traveling since early morning (and she is three hours behind us) so we decided to go to dinner and then head back to the hotel. It was a great convenience that our hotels were close to each other. We had a nice dinner and Broadripple is always a fun place to explore.
Friday morning, Karol, Ellie, and I got up and went to get our nails done. That nail salon in Carmel was amazing. My nails had never looked so good (and I have yet to find a place to measure up). After getting our nails done we stopped by a kids consignment sale that was right by our hotels. When we finished we went back to get Bob and Ellie and headed to the gold course to decorate for the reception. After a few hours of decorating (and when the room looked amazing) we headed back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the rehearsal and dinner a few hours later. The rehearsal went by fast without any problems. The church was beautiful. After rehearsal we all loaded up and went to Maggiano's for dinner. I LOVE italian food, and this was perfect. The spread was amazing. No one should have left hungry (well except my girls who only eat chicken nuggets and mac and cheese), I just wish I had more room for all the yummy food. We were exhausted by 10:00 and the girls were getting tired. We had an early wake-up call.
On Saturday Mark took Karol, Ellie, and I to meet up with Amy and the other girls and then we met the limo that would chauffeur us around all day. We started our day at the hair and makeup salon in Broadripple. We we styled and airbrushed. I loved my makeup, it was beautiful, but the hairstylists was not good. Several of the things the girls ask of her she could not do. However, Amy's hairstylists was awesome and I learned a few tricks from just watching her. Around noonish (we started at 8:00) we got back into the limo and headed to the church to get ready. We were running a bit late, but that was the story of the day because the limo driver kept getting lost. After getting Ellie and myself dress, Bob brought Maddie to me to finish up. Shew-it is hard getting myself fancied up (which is why I do not do it often) but all three of us was tough. We got Amy into her dress and then it was go time. The wedding was so beautiful, except for the minister who was a little odd at time. But Amy was gorgeous. We hung around after the wedding for a bit-then we headed to the golf course to take photos. It was a little chilly, and it seemed like the pictures took forever, but the photographer go some great shots. We had a good time at the reception, and were so exhausted by the time the festivities were in full swing. I think we cut out about 8:30 because the girls (and us) were barely hanging on. Bob had promised Ellie that he would take her swimming when we got back to the hotel. So while they went swimming, Moo and I showered and got ready for bed.
Sunday- was bittersweet. I had enjoyed spending so much time with Karol and Amy, but I was ready to get back home and sleep in my own bed. Karol and Mark had gotten sick the night before and were really not doing so well. I felt so bad for them because they had a long travel back home. We got up pretty early, loaded up, and then headed into Indy for brunch at Granite City Brewery with the bridal party. The place that we ate was awesome. Bob and I talked about it all the way home, and we are planning to take a trip up there just to eat the Brunch there. I think that it was the best brunch I had ever seen. On the way home I could resist stopping at Edingburg to pick up a few goodies.
What an amazingly, busy weekend-celebrating my best friend marrying her best friend.
Ellie caught the bouquet
We realized when we got back to the hotel we did not get a family picture
Having fun in the hotel
Rehearsal
Maddie made a new friend (Joe's Niece Libby)
Karol and Mark at the wedding
Love this pic of the girls
Ellie strategically choose the flowers to throw down, when the wedding was over, she had to go pick them all back up
Dr and Mrs. Joseph Turner
Gotta take a silly pic or two
Girls' Night Out
After decorating was complete
Rehearsal Dinner
Ellie was excited that her place card at rehearsal dinner had Belle on it
Before hair and makeup limo pic
After pic












1 comment:
Love the picture of you and Madelyn!! I like this layout better. Easier for me to read!!
Post a Comment