Monday, October 9, 2006

Scary Thoughts

I can't believe this is happening again. Only this time I am on the other side of the fear. When the first wave of school shootings began, I was a student in high school. Now with this trend I am a teacher. I realize that now there is more on the line because I not only worry about myself, but now I must worry about 140 other people. Their lives could be in my hands. Whew, what a big responsibility. Every morning I wake up I say a prayer in hope that God will not only protect me, but also should his will lead me to be in a situation of danger, I pray that he will give me the strength to help others.

My view of life and the world has changed greatly. I grew up in a great home with extensive values instilled in me. I now work with kids every day that have no parental support or no support at all. And that makes me sad, and the value of my job goes up so much. I LOVE MY JOB. But one day I am going to wake up and realize that I can not save everyone and that is a hard concept to grasp.

Now that I have rambled on I will stop and continue another night.

3 comments:

Cara said...

Dawn, you are a good girl. I keep forgetting that you aren't a little girl anymore. I will always remember our play when we were "FSSers". Good times!

Dawn Jenkins said...

Those were the day. That was a great box.

Christina said...

Oh, your mom and dad are so sweet! I wish my parents would blog something like that in print!

love ya - chrisitna