Friday, June 8, 2007

18 Down

It is so hard to believe that in two weeks the pregnacy will be half over. It seems like it is going by so fast. One great thing is that I do not look four and half months pregnant. I have not gained much weight; however, I think I am about ready to make the switch to maternity clothes (thanks Sulayne). I feel great. I had a rough three weeks in the first trimester, but all is well now. I will find out on the 19th whether we are to expect a little boy or a little girl.


I have been very busy the last part of the school year and the first part of the summer. I have started my masters, and I am taking an awesome class this summer. It is called the IUS Writing Project. This is a top class for any grade level of teachers. There is a decently long wait list to get into this class. I got in by default, but none the less I am very excited.


This is my favorite place in the cemetary. The Satterwhite Memorial. I wonder if Bob will honor me with one similar after I am gone. :)




Today the class was divided into groups of 3-4, and we traveled to a couple different places just to write. Our group decided to start at Cave Hill Cemetary. I love that place. I have been there several times and each time I go I always find something else that amazes me.
One of the new things that I found was this monument to the left. I wrote a very interesting piece about who I thought this guy was and how he could have died. This may seem a little morbid, but it is something that me as a writer enjoys doing.
Well I hope you have enjoyed my post, and I hope to write soon. I have been motivated by the class that I am taking to write more often, so maybe I will frequent my blog more often.




7 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

I love updates... can't wait to see an ultrasound photo on here!!!!

Matt Jessica and Jackson said...

Love the updates. Even though I ask your mom and nick everyday. It's great from the source. Enjoy the last weeks. THEY GO BY SO FAST!!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your update, you should do it more often. :-) I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new class!

Jessie said...

I want to see your belly... post some picture! pronto!!!!

Sulayne said...

Do you think it's a boy or a girl????

Sulayne said...

By now you should know whether it's a boy or a girl! Update us! We are all waiting in anticipation.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn! Congrats on the baby!! I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the Writing Project. I was in the very first class at IUS. It's a great time!

:)Karen H.