Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election 08

Here are the top 5 reasons why I am glad this election is FINALLY over.

5.) Televison ads: I am so sick of turning on the tv to see another ad for a political candidate. I want to hear what the candidate is going to do for me, not why the other candidate is so awful.

4.) Four years to educate students about their government: I teach three history classes filled with Freshman and Sophomores, and I am amazed at how much they don't care about their government. I am looking forward to teaching and enlightening four years of students who will get to vote in the next presidential election. I have enjoyed watching many students become interested and educated just over the course of the last few months. This prospect excites me.

3.) SNL-Policial jokes: I have enjoyed them while they lasted, but I am seriously ready for some new material.

2.) Inaccurate information about Obama will hopefully subside: Regardless of who I think would be the better candidate for President, I am tired of hearing untrue "facts" about Obama. He is a very good person. I have read two of his books, (both before he decided to run for President) and he is not the man a lot of the media is portraying him to be. As I said in number 3, I am glad SNL will move on, but my favorite skit is where the woman from the McCain rally keeps asking about inaccurate things she heard about Obama. No he is not a Muslin. And he is not Egyptian and will not change the White House to a pyramid, nor converts with terriers. Seriously, the sad thing is that this is not just a SNL skit, but it really happened. I think that McCain did handle it quite well though. That is why he is the maverick.

1.) The election will FINALLY be over. It seems like it has been going on for year...oh wait it has.

Hopefully, everyone has voted. Regardless of who you voted for, the main thing is that you voted.

God Bless America and our new President--whoever he may be.

No comments: