Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ellie's Party

Saturday night we celebrated Ellie's first birthday. I know it is about a week and a half early, but I wanted to do something around Halloween. I could not have asked for anything better. The weather was perfect, the turnout was great, and Ellie had an awesome time. She was a little fussy in the beginning because she refused to take a nap, and she finally fell asleep about a hour before everyone started to arrive. But she quickly came around.

We wanted to have something that everyone who has shared in the first year of Ellie's life could be a part of. We did not anticipate in the beginning that the guest list would be near 50. But is all turned out very good, and Ellie got a lot of great gifts. Thanks to all who has shared in her life and those who shared her special evening. We would also like to thank everyone for the gifts. She loves each and every thing she got.
Two Papaw's and GrandmaMiss Daisy--MarandaNurse Amy drove all the way from IndyDavy, Uncle Scott and Aunt Lissa
Uncle Mel and Aunt Donna
Great Granny

Paul, Joan, and DanielleMemaw, Papaw, and Nick (dad seriously had that face in all 3 pics I took)Meg and Josh (and Baby Emily in her Mommy's belly)Aunt Shannon and Indiana Jones Tyler

Aunt "kitty" Sue, Uncle "hunter" Shawn, and Indian ShelbyDennis and NetteDennis, Billie, and AmandaGina and Irvin

Aunt Trish the kittyMe and two of my BFFs Laura and AmyMy BFF Laura and one of her girls EmmySue and her beautiful kids: Rhett, Blair, and MicahMommy (Sarah Palin) and Daddy (Joe the Plumber)

Ellie really wasn't into the idea of cake

Shelby and Chloe were partied out

Sorry for the long post, but I am turning this into a book and a slide show would not convert. Thanks again to everyone who made Ellie's party a huge success.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie,
I just wanted to tell you what a special night it was celebrating your birthday party. You were so precious in my arms going to sleep, before the party started. You were just so cute opening all of your gifts. You were so excited with everything. I'm glad you had a great time.

Love you bunches
Memaw

Anonymous said...

Ellie,
You are truly a precious baby girl. While opening your gifts, you expressed your appreciation with oooos and ahhhs. The video that Aunt Joan took will allow you to see how excited you were. I tried to captured your expressions with camera "still" pictures, but you seemed to be ahead of the camera each time. I hope some of them caught your excitement. The pictures mommy took of your family and friends at the party are great for memories. Your aunts and uncles in the blog pictures, which mommy did not identify in the captions are Uncle Paul, Aunt Joan, Uncle Dennis, Aunt Nette, Uncle Dennis, Aunt Billie, and Uncle Irvin and Aunt Gina. These are your Memaw's (Burgin)sisters. Memaw also has two other sisters that didn't attend, Aunt Janie and Aunt Kathy. Wow, what a lot of aunts who love you very, very much!! Great-great-great Mawmaw Peak, your Memaw's grandmother who is 93 years old, was not able to attend, but expressed her love for you and will be sending you a birthday card with her customary one-dollar in it. This is her expression of love to each and every one of her grandchildren who look forward to receiving her card each year up to the age of 18 with the dollar in it. It is unfornuate that you probably will not reap the excitement that other grandchildren have had over the generations because Mawmaw Peak is getting tired and the Lord take her to be with Him before you are old enough to look forward to her cards. There are so many people who love you and I am just one of them who wants to express this in your memory blog.

I love you Ellie,

Aunt Nette