Sunday, October 16, 2011

Getaway



Bob and I just got back from our first trip where both of us were away from the girls over night. We decided kinda last week, that we would go to Gaitlinburg for Fall Break weekend. We had a nice travel down on Friday. I love traveling with the internet on my electronic devices. I ordered Maddie the cutest pair of Sperry's. I can not wait to get them in.



It took quite a while to get to our room once we got off the exit. Traffic was horrible. Of course, my husband who has no patience was trying to take side streets that ended us up in either more traffic or at a dead end and back on the main road. But eventually we did find a "alternate route" as the GPS calls it where we bypassed the majority of the traffic.



We decided to stop and eat at our favorite restaurant there, the Apple Barn. We also noticed that they have free wine tasting. Now alcohol is not something that I have ever been in to, but I sure do like to wine taste and to have a glass every so often. Not only did they have free wine tasting there, but there is a trail of two other places along the main strip. We decided to go into Gaitlinburg Friday night because we had nothing else better to do. The weather was perfect. 70s during the day and cool at night. I really did not find much. Bob says that it is the same stuff every year and it never changes. :)


Saturday was spent mostly shopping. We went to the big outlet mail. I did get "a few" items there. We went back to the room and rested while Bob could catch up a bit with work stuff. Then we went back out to enjoy "our" little shops around Pigeon Forge and of course to play Fire House Golf. Ironically my best friend Meghan was on her way home from Daytona. She called to let me know that they were going to stop in Gailtinburg for the night-hmmmm. When they got into town we met them for dinner.


This morning we were pretty tired so decided to head straight back to town, plus we really missed the girls. We were home before 1:00. I finally had some time to get caught up from the weekend away and spend time loving on the girls.

No comments: