By the time the first week of Fall Break ended, I was ready for vacation. I had reluctantly volunteered to work the week long intersession the first week of break. The main motivator was a guaranteed paycheck the Friday we left for vacation. It really was not that bad besides the fact I was working and almost everyone else was in bed sleeping or enjoying the fall weather.
Maddie is not a pleasant kid when it comes to riding in the car. Well lets just say she is AWFUL. The longest and most stressful 15 minutes of my day is the car ride from our house to mom's each morning. So the though of riding in a car with her for 15 hours + to Florida made both of us weary. Bob has traveled a lot this year with work. I would like to stop and say how proud I am of him and all that he has accomplished this year. He has built a network of people in his business and really proven himself as a valuable employer. All those days that I spent at home being a single mom paid off in a big way. When we sat down in late August to figure out if we could afford to fly to Orlando, he realized he had enough travel miles to fly all four of us for FREE. Talk about a huge blessing. It would not only save our sanity, but it would also give us an extra day on the beach. Another huge plus was a direct flight from Louisville to Orlando. (not sure if I have ever had a direct flight).
This is not the best picture, but I love my girls rolling their suit cases in the airport.
Bob only flies Southwest (which is why he has accumulated so many points), and that airline has open seating. So I was stressing about making sure to keep at least one of us with each of the girls. People are not nice when it comes to getting their seats on an airplane. Bob is a preferred flier and was able to go on first with Ellie and then he was able to save the seats in front of him for Maddie and I.
Ellie and Daddy
Mommy and Maddie Moo
This view never gets old.
So Disney is great when you stay on property for a number of reasons. But traveling is made a lot easier. If we did not go to Daytona first our travel would not have been as stressful going in. But we had a LOT of luggage and the two girls who were tired and not wanting to walk anymore. Bob and I were getting frustrated, and the luggage seemed to take forever to get off the plane. Finally we had everything loaded up, barely and then we made it to the rental car pick up. Our flight landed around 8 and then we had about an hour drive into Daytona. Which actually was not bad. The girls took a much needed nap. Ellie was battling the tail end of a head cold so the rest was needed. We arrived in Daytona and it looked like a ghost town. We grabbed a quick dinner to go and headed to the hotel, which was really nice might I add. (Also another perk of Bob's travels--we had a huge discount) The girls were ready to go. They went to visit with Memaw and Papaw who had arrived an hour or so earlier.
While reading the hotel material in the room, we found that they had daily events/activities for kids and other hotel guests each afternoon. The girls loved the swan towels :).
We were sad to leave the beach, but ready to head to Disney. The weather was perfect. 80s and 90s all weekend long, with a nice breeze that made the beach fabulous. The beach where we stayed was very nice and we think we have decided that Fall beach break is much better than a Summer beach break with my light skinned loves.
I have to admit I was again stressed with getting our luggage out of our car and back into the airport to catch the Disney shuttle. But we were pleasantly surprised, it was nothing like when we came in. There was a service at the car rental that loaded all our luggage up and took it straight to the Disney Express. Then then it was loaded onto the shuttle. We were the only ones on the shuttle and they took us straight to the resort. Our Disney Vacation was about to begin.







No comments:
Post a Comment