Friday, June 6, 2014

Last Day of School

My Ellie:

You made it to your last day of Kindergarten. My sweet Ellie, who was tainted a bit by Kindergarten has survived with only minimal side effects. While it has been a year of ups and downs, we made it. You tried to test the limits of how much you could get away with Mommy and Daddy, and your attitude became quite impossible for a few weeks. But after a mid year set down talk with Mommy and Daddy, we came to an understanding. Your attitude has improved, and while you still try to sass, you are easily re-routed and understand when you are being inappropriate. You did very well this year in school and Mommy and Daddy are very proud of you. You reading had gone past all of my expectations and I am fascinated how your little mind developed this year. Math is not really your strong suit, but it is not Mommy's either-so who am I to complain. You love to draw and sing--and the arts are where your heart is. Reading is a necessity almost every night in our house, and I am so glad that you share this passion with Mommy.  Ms. Harbin was the perfect teacher for you. She challenged you, but also has a great passion for teaching that has keep you happy with learning. You also had a pretty amazing class. Some of the name I heard frequently were Parker (your cubby neighbor), Kimberlyn, Lizzie, Lilly G, and Lilly W, Abby K, Cooper, KK (Katie), and Luke. 

We cannot wait to see what God has in store for you in first grade. 



Ellie's flower she made for Ms. Harbin

Funny story: So I picked out a pretty flower that I was going to put pencils, dry erase makers, etc in the dirt for Ellie to take to Ms. Harbin. So as we were coming home from Karate last night Ellie said to me 

E: "Mom, Ms. Harbin likes to look at flowers, but does not like to smell them."
So we made a stop at Walmart to get some fake flower and re-did our idea to make our own fake flower. Love this kid and her innocence. 


First Day and Last Day


Today was field day for the seniors and they only had a half day. 




Mo and I made it through another year.



Such a perfect day.

After work tonight, I went to a wreath party. Here is the wreath that I made.
I love it.
And it was so much fun. 


1 comment:

Susie said...

Memaw and Papaw is so proud of you and your accomplishments this year also!! Maybe Memaw will have to be the one helping you with math!Love you and your sweet nature!!