Friday, February 27, 2009

How we spend our days off

We having been busting our tails over the last few weeks at school to make sure that we did not have to come in to work today unless we were needing to finish grades. SHS is on a trimester schedule so every twelve weeks we switch classes and kids. At the end of the grading period the kids always get off and we have half day PD and half day grading. We as a school have been staying late and meeting during lunch to make sure that we could compensate for having a much needed day off (not driven by the weather). So I finished my grades through sickness yesterday, so I could enjoy the day off today.

I was so excited to sleep in. But Ellie wanted to get up at 7:00 this morning (let me tell you that Ellie has not willing got up at 7:00 ever.) I begged her to let me sleep a little longer, she agreed and fell back asleep until 8:00, but that was all she was giving me. She was wired and ready to go, me on the other hand, not so much. I felt like I was dragging all morning.

We played for the longest time until Sesame Street came on and then she was done with me. After that went off, we got ready and loaded up in the truck to meet Meg at Olive Garden. We had a yummy lunch. I think Ellie had about 3 breadsticks, she loved them.

Then Meg and I went to Sams and Target to pick up some essential items. Yes essential only. I have given up any excess spending for Lent. It took me a long time to convince myself that is was ok to buy Ellie some new shoes because she can not longer fit into her old ones. For the first time in a long time I walked out of Sams not having spent a 100 bucks.
Then when we got home Ellie went straight to her room to play (I was not invited). When I went to check on her, I found her playing with her laundry basket.

Chloe does not know she will be the next target

Ellie had stolen Chloe's toy and was teasing her with it

She played in that basket for hours. It was not until I put clothes in it that she found something else to play with.

No comments: