Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh, my daughter!

So today Ellie has been in rare form. She started today waking up not in a pleasant mood. She would have nothing to do with Bob. We were getting ready for church, today was going to be the first day we put her in the Toddler room. After the way she woke up we were having second thoughts as to if she would stay. But we signed her in and she went into the room with no problems. We watched her for a few minutes from the glass. She was pretty content watching everyone else. So we went to church. It was a pretty good service on loyalty, and how we should be loyal to God. George Ross has such an awesome, unique way of getting the message across. But the greatest part of the service is that her number did not pop up. When we went to pick her up she had a smile on her face, and we were told that she did not cry at all. YAH.

When went to eat at the Pizza Company, she fussed until our food was delivered. This is not normal, she never fussy, especially when we are out in public. But once she had some bread bites all was well. After we came home, Bob and I were resting. Ellie went off and got really quite. I just thought she was doing her "business," and would check on her in a few minutes. But I heard her near, I got up and found her unwrapping and eating Hersey kisses, with a big chocolate smile. She had slobbery chocolate everywhere.

So I took her to get changed and try to get the chocolate out of her pretty dress. Then she refused to be dressed again. She wanted to run around in just her diaper. While I was picking up the house she wondered off again. When I went in search of her, I found her hair soaking wet. She had found someway to get water out of her cup and poured it on the floor. She was rubbing her hands in the water and then rubbing her hands in her hair. Another mess to clean up. Then she finally went into her room and played for about an hour with ALL of her toys. All her toys were out of the box and she was just having such a good time.
Finally while I was in my room putting away laundry I heard her coming and this is what I saw:

She had pulled all of her clothes, towels, and blankets out of the dresser drawers she could reach. Here she is wrapped in a blanket. I am so glad she had a good day. It is no wonder I am losing so much weight. It is time for bath and then bed.

No comments: