Friday, April 10, 2009

Day Off

We were off today and it was such a good day over all. Even though it rained all day, that did not stop us from staying busy. Ellie and I slept in, YAY. Then we finally got up and ready. I was meeting a couple of my friends for lunch at Kansai (my favorite). Dad had taken the day off, so I asked him if he wanted to spend some time with Ellie while I went to lunch. He was excited to get to watch her of course. Lunch was great, it is always fun catching up with old friends who you never get to see. After lunch I went to get Ellie, who was having a blast with Dad. Then we came home and took a much needed nap.

After Bob got home we went to Church. This is the first time in my 26 years on earth that I will not attend church on Easter Sunday. But let me say, I really enjoyed going on Good Friday (it is the same service that they will get Sunday). I was very surprised, that the entire santuary was filled. Meg and Emily joined us. Ellie went back to the Toddlers room. She was pretty upset when I left, and I kept holding my breath waiting for her number to pop up. It never did. When I went back to get her she was riding around in the hallway in a stroller. They had took her for a ride to calm her down, and then she refused to get out. Oh my child already wanting everyone to adapt to her.

When we got home, we had planned to color eggs. Shelby and Janet came up to help us (Ellie could really care less). Also my dear friend Jenn and her husband are in town. She had wanted to spend some time with us, so they came over as well. We had such a great night, but we are definately to drop. We hope everyone else had a good Good Friday as well.

Ellie and Jenn

No comments: