Daddy was in charge of the helium tank pick up. He also brought home a surprise balloon.
Susan was so nice to bring Shelby up to help us get decorations and set up complete. Shelby's greatest accomplishment was to get Ellie to fall asleep and take a nap. SUCCESS. After she was sound asleep in her bed, Shelby and I headed to town to pick up the cakes.
Mom (who shares a birthday with Ellie) will turn 50 this year, so I had a cake made for her.
Earlier in the day Ellie asked me if we could get Big Minnie out of the closet so she could come to Ellie's birthday party. After I picked myself up off the ground from laughing I said sure.
Tasting the icing
Kasey helped her open all her gifts
Pinata time
Eme's turn to take a swing
Stashing the candy in her shirt

Play time with Shelby
Here she is ready for bed
(I think it was about midnight and pretty sure it
was before we set our clocks back)
(I think it was about midnight and pretty sure it
was before we set our clocks back)
She had such an amazing night. She was so excited, and she appreciated everyone who came out to celebrate with her on her special day. Mommy was DONE. I could not feel my legs, and baby made me know how she felt about my hard work all night. But I am glad that we got this opportunity to spend one last birthday with just Ellie.

No comments:
Post a Comment