Tuesday, November 2, 2010

No School

Today we were off due to election day. Ellie and I went shopping for her birthday party, and Eme and Meg joined us. But not before we made sure to cast our ballot. Ellie was excited that she got to see her Uncle Herman and Aunt Linda at the poll site. I am glad that this year's elections are finally over. Just when I think that the political campaigning can not get any worse...it does.

I always have a hard time remembering thank you cards (don't know why-but I do). So this year I took Ellie to Click to have her picture taken. From those pictures we designed a thank you card that we would give to everyone who came to her party.

Also my creative genius (haha) clicked in, and I decided that we would also give a little thank you present to each family that came. I decided on ornaments. I went to Michael's (really love that store) and bought a lot of the white plaster ornaments and some paint. Since we knew we had about 25 to decorate, Ellie and I sat down after nap time to start the painting process.

Ellie loved painting, she is so creative some times

Here are some of our masterpieces



Ellie was getting in the Christmas spirit

1 comment:

Susie said...

Love the song Ellie!! I love my ornament too!!