Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Three Years and 36 Weeks Check-ups

Today both Ellie and I had doctor appointments. First we started off with Ellie. She had a different attitude this year about going to the doctor for a few reasons. 1. She is older and can be reasoned with, 2. She is finally old enough to get the flu mist (instead of the shot), 3. She does not have to get any shots :) From the time that she was born she has never had a pleasant experience when it comes to getting weighed. She hates it. But this year she walked right on up to the scale and got excited when we found out she weighed 26 lbs. She is also nearly 35 inches tall. She has grown three inches since the summer. When we got into the room, she was so chatty with the nurse. We also try to get the late appt. so that means we see the nurse practitioner-which we have had great luck with. When she came in Ellie started chatting away, the NP said "well it looks like she is fully developed." She has no idea. I was still a little worried about how Ellie would do with the flu mist, but like everytime I clean her nose out with saline solution-she did great. She said that was so much better than a shot. Ellie is a healthy little three year old. I thank God everyday for all his blessing with Ellie.

I also had my 36 week check-up today. Everything looks good. Nothing new to report. Baby is still in the right place and I am progressing nicely. The only thing that was a little of a concern to me (but the doctor says there is no reason to worry) is my blood pressure. I normally have pretty low BP, but it has steadily been increasing each week I go. Today was the highest it has been (which is still normal levels).

But all looks well. Ellie goes back in a year, and I go back in a week.

No comments: