I had a meeting at our Admin Bldg today and then I had my scheduled hematologist appointment this afternoon. My meeting got done early, so I called Sue to see if she wanted to meet me for lunch before my appointment. I do not ever conscientiously remembering the river freezing up. I know it has before my time, but this was kinda neat to see.
And then comes my doctors appt. So I absolutely love the doctor. But when you go into an office and you see a list of movies on the wall to "enjoy" while you wait--that is a sign. My appt was at 2:00 and about 3:30 we saw her for the first time. She was very attentive when she was in with us. After I had some labs ran (ugh some = 16 vials of blood). We met back up with her and she informed me that she would be admitting me to the hospital and there was already a bed waiting for me. WHAT??? That came out of nowhere. My platelet count had dropped dangerously low and she was ordering a transfusion. But I want to say that God is so good. I am typically a worrier and have high anxiety over such things. But he really took over, and my anxiety was low (actually only bad with the lady took two blown vains and a third painful stick to get the IV in) throughout the entire night. So after a sleepless night, massive amount of steroids, and a platelet transfusion--my counts were back up enough for her to release me from the hospital. Now we wait until Monday to go back and check my counts so have a more accurate diagnosis for what is causing this issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment