Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Break: Palm Springs


This past week has been nice, I was able to come home right after I picked Ellie up a few days. But the week seemed to drag on, mostly because it was the last week before spring break. The kids were excited, I was excited, I was ready for a much needed two week break.





Every year Bob has a conference in California in March, it always falls before my break. But not this year. This year it was perfect timing to allow for me to tag along. And of course the fact that it was being held in Palm Springs help. The girls were going to spend the week with Mom and Dad. We left early Sunday morning and flew to Cali. We arrived at our hotel, The Hard Rock, in Palm Springs a little after noon Pacific time. Our room was not ready yet so we walked to lunch and then Bob and his boss went to the convention center why I walked around a bit and then back to the hotel.                The view from our balcony--love the mountains in the background


Such a retro looking room


Such a beautiful city


Found Marilyn on my walk

Monday, I was left on my own pretty early. Bob and I went down for breakfast at the hotel and then he headed to the convention center. I got ready and headed to the pool. I was the first one there and really enjoyed the quite. The sun was warm (not hot) and the air was perfect. (I don't think I even once broke a sweat). Around 11:00 the pool area started to get pretty full. Also the bar opened and people immediately began drinking. So by 1:00, I had had enough drunkenness and kids screaming and running around me--so I went back to the room. I cooled down for a bit and the got dressed and headed out to explore Palm Springs. I found a hair salon and walked it to see if I could get a manicure. The lady had one spot left-score. After being pampered for a bit, I walked around trying to find the right place to eat lunch. I settled on Ruby's. It was a cute little diner and the food was great. 


Later in the afternoon I headed back to the hotel once Bob said they were done and getting ready to head back. We had dinner plans with his boss, the owner of the company, and some customer that evening. We went to an amazing restaurant called Billy Reed's. The food has a "home-cooking" feel. When we go back, this is absolutely one restaurant we will go back to. 



No comments: