Friday, March 28, 2014

Spring Break: San Francisco Bay Area

Wednesday was pretty uneventful. Bob worked for much of the morning. However I was "stuck" in an amazing hotel in Walnut Creek. Everything about the hotel was fabulous, right down to the breakfast. It was probably a good thing that I was not out, because it rained all morning. Around 2:00, Bob came and picked me up and we headed to another job site that he would visit for an hour or so. 

Later that evening we found our third hotel of the trip close to another one of Bob's sites that he would visit on Thursday morning. Johnny lived about 45 minutes from where we were staying so he came to our hotel and picked us up. It was such a nice plus to get to see and spend some time catching up with him. We sure do miss him. Before we took off for dinner, he had to facetime the girls who were patiently waiting to see him. 


Thursday morning we got up and thankfully the sun was shining. I was so looking forward to today, because we were going into San Fran later. First we had to stop by Stanford University for Bob to meet up with a client. Of course I had to tour the campus a little bit. I stopped by the bookstore and picked up a few things :).


Bob has been to San Fran on several trips and he loves it here. Back when Ellie was little he got her a stuffed Sea Lion that she named Sammy. She slept with that thing for years. Another one of his favorite places is Pier 39. Our hotel was a little was down from here, so it was quite convient to walk. There was so much great food, that we were so full and yet still trying new things.  




We walked pretty far down the coast, and took a bike ride back



Loved some Boudni sourdough


The Fisherman's Wharf has more great food and cool things to look at

And no trip to San Fran would be complete without taking a ride on the cable car. It was so much fun. I loved the atmosphere and how quick these little things went. On the way up town we rode inside of the car, then on the way back downtown we rode on the outside hanging onto the poles. Amazing!







After our ride we finished the night with a yummy dinner at Rainforest Cafe.

On Friday morning we got up pretty early because we had tickets for the first ride out to Alcatraz. I was really looking forward to seeing The Rock. I really enjoy learning about our history. I am so glad that we got to see the historical landmark. 


A view from the boat out







After Alcatraz, we went back to our hotel and loaded up the car. We had a few more things to do before we caught our flight at Oakland to head toward Portland, OR. Of course we had to cross the Golden Gate Bridge. Then we went to Johnny's house and had lunch with him. He drove us around his area and we enjoyed a nice visit before we had to leave. We lowered the top down on the Mustang and took our time toward the airport. We had such a great time in the Bay Area and I cannot wait to go back. 

No comments: