Everyone keeps asking how the school year has been going--and all I can say is "ok." I have the most well behaved, brightest students that I have ever had, but I am teaching mostly History classes (the last few years I taught mostly English--the way I prefer). I am the type of person that does not like to do the same thing over again, and this year I have three of the same class in a roll. So I feel bored with my schedule. On the flip side though I really enjoy all of the students in my classes, they are great.
But I guess the real reason why this year is just ok and so blah is because I miss Karol. Karol instantly became one of my best friends when I started at SHS. We went on several out of town trips together, and got along so well. I believe that God put her in my life for a purpose. Then last spring Karol pack her house and her family and moved to Portland, OR when her husband got transferred there. She has been gone for three months, and I miss her terribly. School is not the same without her. I have started to walk to her room several times before I realized she is not there.
But I guess the real reason why this year is just ok and so blah is because I miss Karol. Karol instantly became one of my best friends when I started at SHS. We went on several out of town trips together, and got along so well. I believe that God put her in my life for a purpose. Then last spring Karol pack her house and her family and moved to Portland, OR when her husband got transferred there. She has been gone for three months, and I miss her terribly. School is not the same without her. I have started to walk to her room several times before I realized she is not there.
A few pictures of Karol
So I have been sulking in my sadness. When I got home today and signed on to check my email and facebook account, I found a message from one of my students who graduated last year. She left such an encouraging message of gratitude, explaining how I made a difference in her life. I was quickly reminded why I started teaching, and that I need to stop taking the energy to be sad and turn it around and focus on encouraging my students. Because I am absolutely sure this is what God called me to do, and I want to use his gift fully.
So I am going to stop being blah as of today and work on having the best year yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment