Friday, August 8, 2008

The first of August

There has been so much going on the first few days of August. July seemed like it would never end as most July's do. I finished reading enough books to meet my goal (I have read two more since reaching my goal). I love to read, and Ellie loves to listen to me read--so it works out for the both of us.


I have not really been in my classroom since the end of school, so I knew that when I finally did go in it would take hours to get everything ready. I was right--I spent three days there (at least four hours each day). I wanted to get everything done before we started back on Monday. I have to say I am pleased for a while with the way my room looks. I have new desks in my room plus a new bookshelf "filled" with new books for my classroom library. YAH.

Last weekend was pretty busy too. Laura Hammond got married and she looked great. I did not go to the wedding because Ellie does not like to sit still--and I don't get to see anything in the cry room anyway. We went to the reception and had a great time.

Laura and Michael (a little fuzzy)



After the wedding we went to church. George gave an awesome message. He is getting ready to start preaching about the entire New Testament. This has sparked my new goal--to read the new testament again along with his messages.

Sunday was very laid back because we had went to church on Saturday (I really love this sometimes). I read my new book Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer almost all day. If you are looking for an awesome book/series to read then you should definately pick up the Twilight books. They are without question the best books I have EVER read.

Then Sunday evening we went to Tumbleweed to celebrate Maranda's birthday.

Johnny and Ellie


Ellie being silly with MarandaTwo of Ellie's favorite cousins (she has several more favorites).

Whew! What a weekend, and to think another one is starting. The last one before school starts :(

No comments: