Monday, August 25, 2008

Gun Powder and Lead

Bob and I took a trip to Bass Pro Shop yesterday to kill some time before we went to dinner after church. I had not been there for a long time, and this was the first time Ellie was awake to look around. She loved the fish and animals. We were looking around in the hunting section when we went past the material for shooting clay pigeons (skeet). I told Bob that I would like to try it. The next thing I know, the cart is full of clay pigeons, ammo, and the other necessities to play.


We came home and took a much needed nap. Then Bob could not handle it any longer. He woke Ellie and me up and we took Ellie to town to spend time with Grandma and Papa. After she was safely taken care of we headed to the farm to shoot.

I did not do so bad when the target was stationary. It was when it went flying into the air that I wasted a lot of "gun powder and lead." But after about ten-tweleve shots I finally hit once on my last try. YAH me. Bob was so excited--not that I hit the target, but that I went shooting with him. It actually was a whole lot of fun, except for the fact that my shoulder is very bruised and sore. But all of it was worth Bob's reaction.




My form was a little off I am told


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a woman hear you roar.......You go girl!
Leigh Ann

The Tibbs World said...

Looks like fun!