Wow what a day. About a month and a half ago I came down with a nasty cold. And of course I passed it to Maddie, who passed it to Ellie, who passed it to Memaw and to Bob, and then Dad finally got it of course. Well all of us in our house got rid of it, but Ellie. She has had a chronic cough for weeks. She coughs so much that it wakes her up at night. So today when we were heading to town to Grandma's house, she asked me to call the doctor because she was tired of being sick. I was able to get her in about 1:20.
I was meeting a few of my friends for lunch, so Ellie (which she did not like) had to come with me instead of staying and playing at Grandma's with Maddie. But we had a nice lunch, and then headed to the doctors.
She did not have a fever (knew that because the cough is the only symptom she has had for weeks). Also she is now weighting in at a whole 28 pounds. The doctor listened to her lungs and said that he could not hear anything but she was not really taking big enough breaths. He wanted to send us to the hospital to get a chest x-ray to make sure it was not communal pneumonia.
I was a little worried because this was her first trip to the hospital. Since she was just getting a chest x-ray and I wanted the results today I took her to Clark. She was so good and the x-ray was easy. I had not even gotten to Watson on 62 when the doctor was calling me to say that her chest was clear and to treat it as an allergy. He gave us some good samples to hopefully we can get rid of it before she gets it again during this upcoming allergy season.
After we got home I started dinner. Meg, Josh, and Eme were coming over for the boys to work on something. Eme and Ellie initially play so well together, and then they get tired of each other. That did not really happen tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment