It is very seldom that students really make me feel appreciated for all the work and effort I try to put into their education. I have one student who graduated a few years ago that has forever imprinted me as a teacher. There were a few students last year that I got close too, and it was a little bitter sweet because it was my first freshman class that I got the opportunity to watch graduate. It is amazing how fast those students fly through four years (I am sure they do not agree).But this year I got a nice surprise when I received an email letting me know that I had been selected by a senior honors award recipient as their teacher that had impacted them the most. This was such an honor, and the greatest part was that it remained anonymous until the banquet. I was not, however, surprise when I learned that it was Liz. She and I have gotten really close over the past few years. She is an amazing girl that I know God has great things for her in the future. I just hope that I get the opportunity to see what it is. She gave an amazing speech, and I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to teach her.
No comments:
Post a Comment