Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where is my Baby girl?

I have not really updated recently about Ellie and how quickly she is growing up. Once Ellie hit ten months, it is like her personality just blossomed. She has also had her own way about things, but now she is really coming into her own. Here are a few things she has started to do.


*She loves to watch Bob and I am mimic what we do (that could be good or bad). But Bob is always tinkering on something. A couple of weeks ago Bob order Ellie a toy box to hold her growing pile of toys in the middle of the living room floor. So while we were putting it together she was "working" on her project.

* The picture also tells another Ellie bit. She would rather just only have her diaper on. Clothes just get in her way while she is trying to crawl around at high rates of speed.

* She has been crawling for several months now, but she is just a small amount of confidence away from walking (and watch out when she does). She can stand on her own for seconds. And the other day she was distracted by something on TV and stood for 30 seconds plus before she realized what she was doing. She can take one step but is too scared to move the other foot. But she is so close. She will push her baby carriage from one end of the house to the other.

* We still get stopped wherever we are at least once for someone to tell us how beautiful or well behaved Ellie is. I don't think I have told this story yet, but a few weeks ago we were at King Fish and this lady approached us as she was leaving, she introduced her self a Reverend ?. She said that it was a pleasure sitting at the next table to such a happy, pleasant baby. She also said that she was so beautiful and well behaved. We just smiled and said thank you. Bob's cousin and his girlfriend were with us and they looked kinds ackward. They asked us it that happened much, Bob and I looked at each other and laughed--because it happens all the time.

* "This little light of mine, I'm going let it shine" Ellie loves this song and it is so cute when she holds her little finger up. I have not been able to catch her in the act with a picture.

* Books, books, and more books. Ellie loves for me to read her. She has a basket full of books. She will often start pulling them out and "reading" then to herself. It is so sweet.

* She not only loves to read, but she also loves to sing, especially in church. She will start at a sweet little hum with the music, then she gets louder, and louder, until she starts drawing attention to her singing. :)

* She also likes to help me with dinner. See below, enough said.

* Lastly, she has attitude. She is so independent, and strong willed it is amazing that she is only ten months old. She has now started to swat or push us away when she wants us to leave her alone. It is going to be a long 18 years I can already see.

Well I think that is enough info for now. More to come later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellie,
You are just mommy's & daddy's little helper.

Love Memaw Burgin