Monday, May 5, 2014

Thumb Day

My Dual Credit English 12 students do so much work over the entire year. I know that by the time they leave me, they are more than prepared for college and this year most of my students will receive college credit when they complete my class. 

At the end of the year, I tried to let them do more fun writing. Today was thumb day. Students were given finger paint and was asked to create a book explaining what they wanted to do "thumb day." We all had so much fun, and they are all good humored and love the finger paint. 




Mom took Ellie to dance for me, this is the last Monday for extended day--thank goodness, Friday cannot get here soon enough. I had Mom drop Maddie off to me before she left town. Maddie came and hung out in my class for about 30 minutes. She loved all the attention, and one of my students made the mistake of asking her if she liked Frozen. Ugh--I had the whole class signing "Let it Go." 




No comments: