Ok, let me first Preface this post by saying that this was one of the hardest books for me to continue reading. I love books written by Jodi Picoult (I think I have read them all to date). But the subject matter of the book was a newborn with a rare disability (OI or 0steogenesis imperfecta). This disability is caused by a mutation of a gene which causes the bones to not develop properly, meaning a child may die or have hundreds of break in his/her lifetime. I am a worrier (know it is a sin, and my biggest challenge). This just gives me one more thing to worry about "when" I become pregnant again.But like all Jodi Picoult books, I could not put it down. It sucked me in from the beginning. It is not my favorite book of hers, but it was very good just the same.
2 comments:
I totally agree with you on worrying about when you become pregnant again. All I could think about when reading this was what if somthing similar happened and waht it would do to Cooper. I kept thinking I was blessed the first time around maybe that should be good enough for us.
I love Jodi Picoult's books!
Post a Comment