Friday, May 1, 2009

Summer Reading Time

Last summer I set a goal to read 15 books before school started in August. I met my goal and read a few books beyond. This summer I want to set my goal at 20, but I am going to start a little early because I have a lot of things going on this summer and may not have near enough time to read.

Ellie is such a supporter of my reading for two reasons:

1. She would much rather to play by herself. She does not like it when we try to "hang" out with her. Go figure.
2. She likes listening to me read (for a while). She is defiantly a reader herself.

Most of my book will be Adolescent Fiction because I want to be able suggest good books to my students. But I am sure when we take random trips to the book store that Ellie will get a few of her own.

I will share each book with my fellow bloggers. If you want to know more about any of the books just ask. I also will have a list on the right side of the blog.

The first book I finished was "Wintergirls" by Laurie Halse Anderson (Author of "Speak"). This was an amazing book, well written about teens with eating dis
No I have moved on to Jodi Picoult's new book "Handle With Care." It is taking me a while to get started because it is about a baby who is born with a bad disorder. I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Jami said...

I'm about 150 pages into Handle with Care, good so far but as mom, it is a little hard to read. The again, Jodi doesn't disapoint.