Ellie has only really ran a fever once in her life. She was about 5 months old and had a common cold. It got pretty high for her (it was 101 and her normal temp ranges around the low 96s). When I picked her up from Mom's yesterday evening she was her normal self. As we were leaving her eyes were heavy, but she had not slept much all day. At home she played a lot, but was a little fussy, and I mean a little--she never fusses. She felt like she was heating up, but I thought that could be just use playing around. Around 9:00 when we went to bed to settle down she was burning up. Her temperature had reached 100.5. I quickly gave her some medicine, shredded some clothes, and started to wipe her down with a cold rag (which she loved--she actually did that for me--her baby got a bath too).
I knew I would not get much sleep. Finally her fever broke, but I was restless all night checking on her, she has no other symptoms??????
Needless to say, I overslept an hour this morning and barely made it to school in time to open the door for the students as the first bell was ringing.
Boy I am so tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment