So as I posted earlier, Ellie has been running a fever for the last few days. She still had at a majority of the day. She has also been fussy on and off all day. Mom and Dad had Ellie for most of the day because I had a brunch to attend, plus I wanted to try and find Bob something for his birthday coming up. When I picked Ellie up, I decided that we should go home. She was pretty tired and the poor thing could not keep her head up. She had not developed any other symptoms besides the fever. Weird.
So when we got home, I gave her dose of Tylenol (for the first time since she could take Motrin). Then she settled down for a nap. About an hour later I woke her up because she had two large hives that had formed on her arms. One was the entire length of her forearm and it was burning hot. So I thought symptom number two. After I checked her body for any other signs of rashes, I settled down because it was only the two hives. Something else concerned me, he fever was not going down.
So after about 30 minutes I decided that I that I would take her to Urgent Care to get checked, she acted like she was so tired and irritated. My first visit her was not anything like the horror stories I have heard in the past. We were the only ones there and she got right in.
After about 2 hours and a lot of tears they ruled that she has a UTI and the rashes were hives caused my an allergic reaction. In the time I was waiting Mom and I saw one common factor of the hives (she had gotten one a few days ago too), Tylenol. I am allergic to it, so it only makes since that she could be as well.
Whew, what a long night. I am exhausted.
1 comment:
Hope she gets to feeling better soon.
Post a Comment