So Ellie hates her baby bed. When she was about six months old we finally moved her from a bassinet in our room to her crib in her room. We were pretty successful, and she slept fine in her bed for about six weeks. Then she got a head cold, and the power went out for a week, so she ended up back in our room, in our bed. That is where she has been ever since. (I know, probably not the best idea--however, I have learned that we are not the only parents with this problem). I think that I want her sleeping with us just as much as she wants to be there. So we have been trying to get her used to the idea of going back to her room in her bed. But Ellie is not "playing that game." She is terrified of her crib. Another reason she would not go back into her bed a few months ago, was because where she has gotten so tall we had to lower the bed to the bottom (she learned how to stack her blankets and such in a manner that could help her climb out). She did not like the fact of being caged in. It terrifies her. She won't even go near her bed. Bob and I agree that we would be pretty terrified to.
So Friday night while I was working on something, Bob and Ellie headed off to her room to play. A little while later, Bob asks if I could come in and help him. When I go into her room, I see this:

Ellie is bouncing on her bed with the biggest grin on her face. Bob had taken the front off and replaced it with the smaller rails. He was trying to tighten the rail and hold the mattress up at the same time. Not going so well with Ellie on top of it. Trying to get her out of the bed was a difficult (which is the complete opposite of before). She can climb in and out very easily, and even if she were to fall off, she is not that far off the ground. So after Bob finished tightening everything we could hold her back no longer.

She climbed on (and had to have Elmo with her) and had such a great time.

Then Chloe decided that she wanted in on the fun. Ellie was not quite sure she wanted to share her bed. There is hope, however, we may get them both out of our bed by New Years. Here's hoping, I see a resolution in the making.
No comments:
Post a Comment