We are trying to transition Ellie into her room and her bed. We are doing this is a two step process (for Mommy just as much as Ellie). Step One: Get her out of our bed! We still have her bassinet/play yard in our room. So last night we put her there. She cried for about 15 minutes, but once she fell asleep, she was out. She slept so well (and so did we). Bob had to go to work, so we slept in. I was able to get up and start getting some stuff done, and she was still fast asleep. Then the phone rang around 9:30, I tried to catch it, but it was too late. She woke up very happy though. Mom and Dad invited us to breakfast, so we got ready and headed to town. Breakfast was very yummy. Ellie and Chloe thought so too. Thanks guys. We hung out with Mom and Dad for a while, then we came home to get some stuff done, but we ended up playing and soon after Bob got home Ellie and I settled in for quite a long nap.
Finally we got up and I decided to try something that I love but have never made
Strawberry Petzel Salad (click for recipe). It turned out really good. The only difference I would make, would not make it 30 minutes before I leave because it needs time to set up.

Ellie enjoyed helping me crush the pretzels
I was making the treat to take to my aunt and uncles how where my Mom's sisters were getting together to hang out and welcome in the New Year. There was lots of great food and fun (of course).
Ellie and Aunt Joan
Ellie hanging out in Danielle's room
Self Portraits are the best (Me and Nette)
Me and Dennis
It is 11:30 and she is still holding on (she finally sleeps about 10 min later)
A couple of other things:
Step Two: Is getting her out of our room.
Funny story-After we got up from our nap, Ellie took off. She does like to wonder, but not too often. The next thing I hear is her in the pantry. When I go to check on her, she is carrying the Lucky Charms box. She carries it to her rocking chair sits down, and starts to pick the marshmellows out of the box. It was so cute, I couldn't stop her.
Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve!
1 comment:
Dawn,
I am so glad that you, Bob & Ellie came over to Joan's to celebrate the New Year with us. I hope that you have a blessed year to come.
Love Mom
Post a Comment