Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day of Firsts

As Ellie and I woke up this morning, I thought that this would be a very long boring day, but to my surprise things turned around about noon. Ellie and I went to Kohls to look for me something to wear for Christmas, no luck (for some reason I am losing more weight, I can now fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans that I hung onto thinking maybe some day). Then we went to Clarksville--what a mad house. We met up with Mom, Dad, and Nick plus Shelby and Sue for lunch. I really wanted to see The Tale of Desperaux and it just opened yesterday. So Shelby left with me and I took Ellie to the movie theater for the first time. Ellie did pretty good. She watched the movie for about the first 45 minutes. Then she started to get a little restless, but after a few minutes she fell fast asleep. She does not really like to fall asleep while someone holds her, so it was nice for her to be asleep in my arms. I did not want to get up and move when the movie was over.

After the movie we went to Target because I had more patience for that then Walmart the weekend before Christmas. We picked up a few things to kill some time before Church. Then we decided to go to church tonight instead of getting up early tomorrow. The service was pretty amazing (as almost every service there is). Ellie was pretty good, even thought she was occupied with the communion cups most of the time.

Then we came home (Shelby is spending the night) to make a ginger bread house. This is the first one for Ellie and me. Shelby had made one before, but she said that it did not go so well. The kit we bought made it quite simple. I was surprised at how easy it was. Ellie decorating her gingerbread man

Ellie testing the icing...it has her seal of approvalDecorating cookies for tomorrow

The finished product

Shew, now we are vegging on the couch getting ready for bed. We all are very exhausted, and tomorrow is promising to be just as busy. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: